Ohm Privacy Notice
Updated: March 7th, 2023
Welcome to Ohm. This Privacy Notice describes
- How we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information (defined below) of Drivers (defined below) and other Site users (defined below) (“you“).
- The types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you contact us or visit the Ohm Sites (defined below).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining , protecting and disclosing that information.
What Does Ohm Do?
Ohm Inc is a cutting-edge company that enables seamless installation of home EV chargers throughout North America. We achieve this by connecting individuals interested in electric vehicles ("Drivers") with highly-skilled third-party installers of EV charging stations ("Installers") through our innovative platform and range of services. Additionally, we offer Chargers from select third-party manufacturers for purchase(“Manufacturers”). We typically provide the Services on behalf of EV manufacturers, dealers, fleet managers, and other businesses with EV inventories (our “Customers”). We connect with Drivers in the following ways:
- Our Customers connect us with Drivers so that we may reach out directly to Drivers to connect them with Installers;
- Drivers contact us directly using phone, email, or through one of our Ohm Sites (defined below) to find qualified Installers.
What this Privacy Notice Covers
- Personal Information Collected From Ohm Sites: This Privacy Notice applies to all users of Ohm websites (for example, ohmp2p.com and blog.ohmp2p.com) and apps (each a “Ohm Site” and collectively “Ohm Sites“).
- Personal Information About Drivers: We collect personal information about Drivers in order to provide our Service.
- Personal Information About Our Installers: We may collect personal information about representatives from businesses interested in becoming authorized Ohm Installers.
- Personal Information About Our Customers: We may collect personal information about representatives from Customers as part of our normal business-to-business due diligence and communications.
- Personal Information About Our Manufacturers: We may collect personal information about manufacturers interested in selling their products to Ohm’s customers.
What is Personal Information?
“Personal information” is information about you which (i) can be used to identify, contact or locate you; (ii) can be combined with other information that is linked you; or (iii) is defined as “personal data” or “personal information” by applicable laws or regulations relating to the collection, use, storage or disclosure of information about you. Personal information includes contact information (e.g. email address, mailing address, or telephone number), online information (e.g. IP addresses or other identifiers), and other data which can be used individually or in combination with other data to identify an individual (such as gender, age, or general location).
What Personal Information We Collect About You
We may collect the following categories of personal information from you when you use our Services:
- Identifiers like your name, address, telephone number, email address, unique personal identifier, IP address;
- Internet activity on Ohm Sites;
- General location data like your street address, city, and zip code;
- Installation specific data such as data related to your electrical panel and building structure;
- Other personal information that you voluntarily provide to us via forms, communications (phone calls, emails, messages, etc.).
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect and process personal information in the following ways:
Personal Information You Provide Directly To Us.
Ohm collects personal information from you when you:
- Provide it to us through one of our Ohm Sites;
- Provide it to us using a technology integrations on third-party sites. When we do this, you will see the “Powered by Ohm” or similar notice with a link to this Privacy Notice;
- Contact us via email or phone to communicate with us;
- Provide your contact information on a form and submit it to us;
- Connect with our social media pages;
- Sign up for marketing, an event, a contest, or other offering we may present;
- Volunteer personal information to us.
Personal Information We Collect From Others.
On occasion, Ohm receives personal information about individuals from third parties. In particular, we may receive personal information about:
- Drivers from our Customers when they provide it to us;
- Drivers from our Installers when they confirm an installation, service request, or other interaction with Drivers;
- Visitors to Ohm Sites from our advertising, analytics, and internet service provider partners related to a visitor’s interactions with our Ohm Sites or advertisements;
- Company and Installer representatives from their respective organizations;
- Manufacturer representatives from their respective organizations;
- Other third parties on occasion when provided for legitimate business operational purposes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
How We Use Personal Information We Collect
In addition to the uses described elsewhere in this Privacy Notice and in other notices at or before the point of collection from you, we may use your personal information to:
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the Ohm Sites;
- Subject to any consent requirements, send information or content to you which we think may be of interest to you by post, email, or other means and send you marketing communications relating to our business;
- Develop and improve our Services;
- Facilitating our business partnerships, customer assistance, quality assurance, and other operational purposes;
- Subject to any consent requirements, promote use of our services to you and share promotional and information content with you in accordance with your communication preferences;
- Provide other companies with statistical information about our individuals. When we do so, this information will not be used to identify any individual and will only be shared on an aggregate and de-identified basis;
- Contact you about technical, operational, and administrative matters;
- Investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse; or
- Meet legal requirements.
How We Share Information With Others
We (or our service providers on our behalf) may share your personal information as required or permitted by law:
- With Installers in order to facilitate the installation of EV charging stations;
- With our Customers to provide our Service to them;
- With our service providers pursuant to a contract by which they are required to protect your personal information, including:
- data processing contractors that provide computer services on our behalf;
- web hosting or web development firms that host or develop parts of Ohm Sites;
- distribution firms that will fulfill your requests;
- billing firms that process your orders;
- mailing firms that will assist us with our mailings;
- marketing firms that will assist us with direct marketing;
- data analytics firms that help us conduct customer research and analyze users’ interactions with Ohm Sites;
- service contractors that provide facilities engineering services on our behalf.
- With third parties:
- to facilitate a direct relationship with you, including in connection with any program we administer jointly or on behalf of the business partner;
- to enable electronic communications with you as part of a purchase, a program, or other activity in which you have elected to participate.
- With a purchaser of Ohm or any of the Ohm affiliates (or their assets);
- To comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- To combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our affiliates, users, and business partners, or as part of legal proceedings affecting Ohm or our business partners;
- In response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate;
- With your consent.
Sharing Information With Our Service Providers
We use a variety of service providers to provide our Services. For example, we use the following:
- Some of our Ohm Owned Sites are hosted by Amazon Web Services (AWS). We share data with AWS that is collected when you visit AWS-hosted Ohm Owned Sites, including (i) information about your browser, network and device; (ii) web pages you visited prior to coming to the AWS-hosted website; and (iii) your IP address. AWS needs the data to run these sites, and to protect and improve its platform and services. AWS analyzes the data in a de-personalized form.
- Some of our Ohm Owned Sites are hosted on HubSpot. Hubspot collects and processes Personal Information at our direction and is subject to our instructions on how to process Personal Information on our behalf.
Sharing Information With Our Remarketing Providers
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Ohm Sites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Ohm Sites.
Third Party Links
Your personal information will be collected and stored in the United States, and subject to the laws of the United States. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of the United States may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of that country. If you reside in a country outside the United States, please note that the data protection and privacy laws of the United States may not be as protective as the laws in your country.
Canadian Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of Canada, under Canadian law have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that Ohm holds about you. If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information you may send us an email at [email protected]. to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. We may charge you a fee to access your personal information, however, we will notify you of any fee in advance. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions. Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at [email protected]. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with the Services or Ohm Sites. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision. If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact our Ohm Privacy Officer at [email protected].
Data Collected From Children
The Ohm Sites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the Ohm Sites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Ohm Sites. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
Do Not Track Disclosure
Regulatory agencies such as the U.S. Federal Trade Commission have promoted the concept of Do Not Track as a mechanism to permit Internet users to control online tracking activity across websites through their browser settings. Since no industry standard has been adopted, we currently do not process or comply with any web browser’s “do-not-track” signal or other similar mechanism that indicates a request to disable online tracking of individual users who visit Ohm Sites.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice to reflect changes to our data practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (if applicable) or by means of a notice on our website or in the Ohm Sites prior to becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest data on our privacy practices.
Contact Information for Complaints or Concerns
If you have any questions or comments about Ohm’s Privacy Notice please email your questions or comments to [email protected] or call (781) 884-8250. We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy, and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy please contact us using the contact information listed above.
Updated: March 7, 2023
|Categories of Personal Information We Collect||Parties with Whom Information May Be Shared||Business Purposes for Which Personal Information May Be Used or Disclosed|
|Identifiers: For example, your name, address, telephone number, email address, unique personal identifier, IP address;||Installers, Customers, service providers, advertisers, law enforcement.|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)): For example, your name, signature, address, telephone number, driver’s license number, insurance policy number, and credit card number.||Installers, Customers, service providers, advertisers, law enforcement.||As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law: For example your age.||Customers, Installers, service providers, law enforcement.||As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.|
|Commercial information: For example, your purchase of an electric vehicle.||Customers, Installers, service providers.||As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.|
|Internet or other similar network activity: For example, the pages viewed on Ohm Sites.||Analytics and network/webpage Security providers.||As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.|
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
- Right to Know and Access: You have the right to know (and request that we disclose to you) what personal information collected, sold, and disclosed about you.
- Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Your Personal Information: If you are age 16 or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time. We do not sell the personal information of consumers, including those under 16 years of age.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not: (i) deny you goods or services; (ii) charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties; (iii) provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or (iv) suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising Your Rights and Choices
To exercise your rights to know or delete described above, please submit a request by either calling us at (781) 884-8250 or emailing us at [email protected] with the subject line: CCPA REQUEST. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete related to your personal information. You may only submit a request to know twice within a 12-month period. Your request to know or delete must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include providing us with your name, email address, physical address, and other information we may need to verify you identity, which varies depending on your relationship with us. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. You do not need to create an account with us to submit a request to know or delete. We will only use personal information provided in the request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make it.
If you have any questions or comments about Ohm’s Privacy Notice please email your questions or comments to [email protected] or call (781) 884-8250.